In the footsteps of the King's Runner
The Hapalua is the largest half marathon in Hawaii, organized by the Honolulu Marathon Association.
Hapalua means "half" in the Hawaiian language. The in-person race starts in Waikiki on April 16, but you can also complete the 2023 Hapalua anywhere in the world.
STEPS TO ENTER
1. Sign up to one, two or all three virtual race distances. You'll earn a separate shirt and finishers medal for each distance you complete.
2. You'll get access to your own Account page where you will keep track of your time & distance and upload your race evidence.
3. Anytime from April 16 - May 15, 2023, complete the races in one go or break up the distance over multiple days.
4. As you walk or run, record your time and distance with any running app, your phone or simply your watch. We have a guide to help you with this.
5. Login to your Account page and upload a screenshot or photo of your running app as evidence of the distance covered and the time it took.
6. When you have finished, submit the final results on your Account page and our verification team will check and approve your time.
7. Your results will be listed on the results page and you can download your Finisher Certificate.
8. Finishers medals and race shirts will be mailed out to all finishers in May.